Links Galore! 25 Fall Programs for All Ages
Teen & Adult
1. Learn some movie magic with a Halloween makeup demo.
2. Invite a local chef or bartender to demo fall cocktails or mocktails.
3. Get cozy with a build-your-own loose tea blend program.
4. Build on a cult favorite with a “Hocus Pocus” Trivia Night.
5. Capitalize on the terrarium craze with a creepy version!
6. Revisit an old favorite with Fear Factor Halloween Games.
8. Host a Pumpkin Spice Tasting, inviting customers to try everything from Oreos to chips.
9. Celebrate football season with a tailgate decor and food contest (think "Trunk or Treat, in your library parking lot). Invite local celebrities to judge.
10. Help customers show their spirit by making DIY Spirit Noisemakers before hometown games.
11. Invite an expert to teach customers to create their own corsages or boutonnieres for Homecoming season.
12. Host a local nutritionist or your health department to talk about how to pack a healthy brown bag lunch.
13. Concoct a fall diffuser blend to take home.
14. Make a pumpkin keg tap and sample autumnal punch recipes to fill it.
15. Capitalize on millennial nostalgia with a 1990’s Halloween Party
Children & Families
16. Encourage families to go green & save money by organizing a Halloween costume swap.
17. Put Halloween candy to good use (and prevent a few cavities) with a candy science event.
18. Jackson Pollack meets Lois Ehlert with these splatter paint gourds.
19. Collecting leaves for fall leaf tangrams sounds a lot more fun than raking!
20. Back to school shopping? Stock up on lunch bags for these affordable paper bag haunted houses.
21. Combine math & art with a leaf tessellation project.
22. Pull out the Ozobots for Halloween fun. (Small fee for the lesson plan).
24. Explore the science of the humble cranberry with the K-5 crowd!
25. Hone fine motor skills (big kids need practice too!) with a seasonal dried bean mosaic.